Wednesday, December 9, 2009

At library to see Saint Nicolas

Wednesday (03 Dec), we went to the library to see Saint Nicolas. Before we went, I told Jason that we will see Saint Nicolas and maybe I could make a photo of him with Saint Nicolas. He was so enthusiasm.

When we arrived at the library, it was full of children and their parents/grandparents.

Jason: Wow. Lots of children, mama (he was still look enthusiasm).

But after we opened our jackets, suddenly he was not to cheer up anymore. He looked afraid. He didn't want to see Saint Nicolas anymore, he hide behind me. It was horrible moment for us.

Me: Don't you want to hear and see Saint Nicolas anymore???
Jason: Nope (tried to hide behind me)
Me: OK! Then we just go home
Jason: NO!!

I was afraid he was going to scream/cry and got attention from people in there. Finally, I was able to bring him home. At home, he was so silent. He didn't do anything, just stand and bowed his head.

Me: Jason, what's wrong? (He sat on my lap). Was Jason afraid with Saint Nicolas?
Jason: (He nodded his head).

Poor Jason, I gave him lots of hugs to comfort him again.

This is the only photo that I took while we were there.

Saint Nicolas

Mar December 9, 2009 at 8:28 AM

Awww, what an adorable shot with Santa and a wonderful keepsake!!

red chain

Sukhmandir Kaur December 9, 2009 at 9:31 AM

Your Santa Nicolas is so much more intriguing looking then the Santa Claus we usually see about. Little children often cry when they have to sit on his lap to have a picture taken.

Amel's Realm December 9, 2009 at 12:14 PM

Oh dear...so sorry to hear that Jason was afraid. :-(((

Evan's Mom December 9, 2009 at 12:30 PM

Last year my son also cried. Lucky this year Santa came to school so he had friends around him and became brave.

Choc Mint Girl December 9, 2009 at 1:39 PM

O-owh, I think he's afraid of the long white beard. Never mind, there'll always be next time when he's ready. Btw, nice shot! :)

Gattina December 9, 2009 at 3:18 PM

How children behave so different ! My son when he saw a Santa, ran towards him pushed everybody aside and climbed on his knees, lol ! I had to hold him back and tell him he should wait like the others. Even as a 2 year old he managed to pull off Santas beard !